Skip to main content

THE POWER OF YOUTHFULNESS

I am writing this article at the age of 27yrs old and in my youthful age. 


I remember when I was traversing to this stage of my life (from adolescence to adult), I will dream of fancy things like,

  1. -         To one day fry a tray full of eggs and slice it into pieces like a cake.
  2. -         To play football and be a superstar like Samuel Eto’o of Cameroon.
  3. -         To become a well-known Genetic engineer and add value to humanity.
  4. -         To party every day and make merry with friends.
  5. -         Etc.

Funny enough, as I am writing to you now,

  1. -         I am undergoing a transformation to become a vegetarian,
  2. -         I don’t have the patience to sit for 90 minutes and watch football talk less of playing it,
  3. -          I am a Computer scientist and Digital entrepreneur who practically spend 3/4th of the day before the computer.
  4. -         I am an introvert and don’t find fun in joining gatherings, clubbing and listening to loud music with high bits or pitch.
  5. -         I can barely boast of a “best friend” talk less of having many friends.

Mahatma LENJVAL at st. Joseph's Parish Bonaberi 2020

In my country Cameroon, there is a proverb that says in the French language “La course de l’enfant c’est le martin”. This translates that a child runs faster when the day is young (in the morning) and falls asleep by noontime or midday. Applying this saying to our context; it is very clear that youthfulness doesn’t last as long as we want and wish it to be. It is very sweet but short.

Youthfulness in my point of view is synonymous to resourcefulness, energetic, agility, hope, intelligence. This means that at youthful age, you have all the potentials to make things happen. In other words you can literally transform “water into wine” that is, transform imaginations into reality if you want to. But this is only possible if you use the energy of your youth to invest in cultivating your dreams or long term goals. Everything starts now and can be realized if you persistently fight for what you want. After all the energy is there and it belongs to you, so use it to the brim. Almost all the successful people I know and hear of or pinnacle leaders (read The 4 levels of Leadership by John C. Maxwell) of today in Africa, started at their youth such as Aliko Dangote, Chimamanda Ngozie Eduche, Vusi Thembekwayo, Toni Olumelu, Thermitope Ogunsemo, etc.

Our youths of today are deceived that education can only be achieved through schooling and they have abandon the infancy trainings or what we commonly call “home training”. I can say without any doubt that most of the things I do today weren’t taught to me in school but rather from my usage of the internet (online tutorials) and practical things I do daily. So why do we waste many years of our youthful age in schooling or learning obvious things rather than researching and practicing the things we love and want to become. We can’t reinvent the wheel, let’s create new solutions that fit the context of our today’s society (Africa). Africa has more than half of its population below the age of 30. We are an energetic and a “resource full” continent.


Computer science students GBHS Bonaberi 2020 batch

One of my partners Mr. Angelbert Njong CEO at COPYRUNNERS said to me in the pidgin vernacular

“Chop small small, Chop for long”. What he meant was that if I want to last in business, I shouldn’t rush to gain much from a customer now, but rather I should focus on doing good works and keeping my customers happy because it is better to have a few number of faithful customers who come repeatedly, than to have many customers who come and go without trusting your services never to come again. Remember that to do good work, you need experience and that takes time. Therefore it is until you grind yourself at your youth, then will you  rip big or make wealth when you are older.

So let’s say NO to distractions at our youth and FOCUS on building a better Africa today and tomorrow with the energies we possess.

AUTHOR: MAHATMA LENJVAL

Comments

  1. As explicit as the word itself , it is vital for everyone to experience these shifts of interest in life. I think the younger people of this generation should be more cattered for through home training, workshops and books because the pace seems to be faster now, if they are not properly looked after, a greater majority of them will get lost in their fantacies. Well said Mahatma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have elucidated it better Globany. Thanks

      Delete
  2. I agree as your student of Ris galaxy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Racism versus Growth

  T he problem of racism today is not the fact that a certain group of people are being discriminated against on the basis of their race but rather, it is the fact that people tend to inject racism into everything that there is. It has become the reinterpretation of everything that exists. As long as something does not promote a certain narrative, it is automatically tagged as being racist. It has gotten to a point where the very people who claim to be discriminated against are the ones propagating the worst form of racism. They have forgotten their roots and have lost focus. They have little to no idea why they are fighting. In other words, they are fighting against something which is contrary to what they think it is. In fact, they are now fighting a different fight, one which is not theirs and which is rather counter productive. Whether or not they have noticed the adverse effects of their actions is questionable but one thing remains clear and that is the fact that they love th...

Africa is home

                                                                          Africa is home T here has always existed a family of Africans with similar cultures and togetherness. The Ga people of Ghana referred to this family as Jaku. This implies that every person with a drop of African blood in him or her is a member of the Jaku. This is because African culture does not consider any child as illegitimate or inferior. Meaning all Africans fall under a tree of togetherness. During the era when racism did not exist but virtue, some Africans including Severius Septimius(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septimius_Severus) became emperors of Rome and some of the early Popes and saints of the Christian Church like Saint Augustine and Saint Maurice were Africans. But today, things have changed. The thirst fo...

REASONS MOST ASPIRING ENTREPRENEURS QUIT WITHOUT EVEN STARTING

Reasons most aspiring entrepreneurs give up without even starting. ✔️I’m not ready yet, I need more time to become perfect.  Like mark Zuckerberg will often say « ideas don’t come out fully formed, they only become better as you work on them. » you just have to get started. ✔️ I need capital to start. Many disruptive and innovative ideas didn’t start with a budget. They started by solving problems and with the little they had. And again if you know what is good for you, «Never start a business with borrowed money as your seed capital» by Mahatma Lenjval.  ✔️ I’m scared because people don’t understand me and what I’m trying to do. For the record «If you really want to be understood, then Entrepreneurship isn’t the best route for you.» by Vusi Thembekwayo. Go and become a pastor or something else. ✔️ I’m afraid to fail. In Entrepreneurship failure is not an option, it is like a fuel on fire, Critique is a motivating factor. The first mistake of an Entrepreneurs is to think you c...