Skip to main content

REASONS MOST ASPIRING ENTREPRENEURS QUIT WITHOUT EVEN STARTING



Reasons most aspiring entrepreneurs give up without even starting.



✔️I’m not ready yet, I need more time to become perfect. 

Like mark Zuckerberg will often say « ideas don’t come out fully formed, they only become better as you work on them. » you just have to get started.


✔️ I need capital to start.

Many disruptive and innovative ideas didn’t start with a budget. They started by solving problems and with the little they had. And again if you know what is good for you, «Never start a business with borrowed money as your seed capital» by Mahatma Lenjval. 


✔️ I’m scared because people don’t understand me and what I’m trying to do.

For the record «If you really want to be understood, then Entrepreneurship isn’t the best route for you.» by Vusi Thembekwayo. Go and become a pastor or something else.


✔️ I’m afraid to fail.

In Entrepreneurship failure is not an option, it is like a fuel on fire, Critique is a motivating factor. The first mistake of an Entrepreneurs is to think you can avoid mistakes. Like Deshuana Babara would say « Do not fear failure but please be terrified of regrets». 


Telling us No, is like adding fuel on fire. When we fail we learn and progress, when we’re criticized, we look at the standards and follow our guts. Entrepreneurs never ever give up.


Happy labour day To all Africans.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Game Changer: The YYAS Program

            I'm Mbun Tangwe Ryan. An 18-year old final year high school student in and from Cameroon. If you're like me then you know that Education is a human right that too few people (especially us Africans) enjoy. I believe we as Africans have the power to change that narrative. Education is classified into Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary (university and beyond) education.     Many African students have what it takes to access the tertiary education they desire and deserve, but still, many of us still find ourselves stranded in that area because we lack the necessary information we need to get us where we dream to be. We lack knowledge on the world of work, education options, and we need career guidance.   The Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) program was born to solve such issues and many more.  It is a cost-free intensive academic enrichment and leadership program designed for African secondary school students...

YYAS, the experience of a lifetime

YYAS, THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME.    “Everything happens for a reason”. My name is Bobgala Harrison from Cameroon. I’m 17 and in my final year in high school. You could say I heard about YYAS by “mistake” but nothing happens without a plan by the Almighty. Little did I know that I can apply for an international program and actually get selected. Firstly, what is YYAS? It stands for Yale Young African Scholars and it is a cost free academic enrichment program for African secondary school students.  Back in 2019 I heard about YYAS from a friend, who heard from a friend, who’s friend had attended the program in 2018 in Zimbabwe. It’s quite a long chain of “hearing from” but that’s how the message about YYAS came to me. Initially, I was skeptical about applying for it because I had never applied for anything of this sort and I didn’t want to “waste” my time. But with some encouragement I finally decided to apply for it and told myself “what better way to gain experience?...