Skip to main content

LENJO Valery IS VERY ANGRY. WE ARE OUR OWN PROBLEM.

 



The more I get to look into issues of this our country erhh, the more my heart hurts.  I’ve decided not to look again.


Last week after my trip from Yaoundé, we arrived very late at midnight. 

Lucky enough i found a bito take me back home from Akwa to Bonaberi. 


I pleaded with him to take me for 1000frs but he refused and claimed I should pay 1500frs. While I was still thinking of what to do, a white man who also traveled with us stopped the same bike and proposed 300frs for rond point Deido which is just 250frs to my stop in Bonaberi.


 I was surprised this young man accepted him to climb without thinking. He shamefully called me back, took my 1000frs and asked  me to climb behind the white man. Since It was late and i didn’t have a choice, i climbed though fuming with anger. 


While on the bike, thé strange White man told me proudly “I’m lucky to climb on the same bike with him”. God oo!!! It was thanks to maturity I didn’t kill somebody that day. I looked at the person talking and I was just dumb struck. 


We are our problem in this country. The white men are just seizing the opportunity to exploit us more. Since we already hate ourselves.

Comments

  1. You experienced that in this country? That is really terrible

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Racism versus Growth

  T he problem of racism today is not the fact that a certain group of people are being discriminated against on the basis of their race but rather, it is the fact that people tend to inject racism into everything that there is. It has become the reinterpretation of everything that exists. As long as something does not promote a certain narrative, it is automatically tagged as being racist. It has gotten to a point where the very people who claim to be discriminated against are the ones propagating the worst form of racism. They have forgotten their roots and have lost focus. They have little to no idea why they are fighting. In other words, they are fighting against something which is contrary to what they think it is. In fact, they are now fighting a different fight, one which is not theirs and which is rather counter productive. Whether or not they have noticed the adverse effects of their actions is questionable but one thing remains clear and that is the fact that they love th...

Africa is home

                                                                          Africa is home T here has always existed a family of Africans with similar cultures and togetherness. The Ga people of Ghana referred to this family as Jaku. This implies that every person with a drop of African blood in him or her is a member of the Jaku. This is because African culture does not consider any child as illegitimate or inferior. Meaning all Africans fall under a tree of togetherness. During the era when racism did not exist but virtue, some Africans including Severius Septimius(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septimius_Severus) became emperors of Rome and some of the early Popes and saints of the Christian Church like Saint Augustine and Saint Maurice were Africans. But today, things have changed. The thirst fo...

REASONS MOST ASPIRING ENTREPRENEURS QUIT WITHOUT EVEN STARTING

Reasons most aspiring entrepreneurs give up without even starting. ✔️I’m not ready yet, I need more time to become perfect.  Like mark Zuckerberg will often say « ideas don’t come out fully formed, they only become better as you work on them. » you just have to get started. ✔️ I need capital to start. Many disruptive and innovative ideas didn’t start with a budget. They started by solving problems and with the little they had. And again if you know what is good for you, «Never start a business with borrowed money as your seed capital» by Mahatma Lenjval.  ✔️ I’m scared because people don’t understand me and what I’m trying to do. For the record «If you really want to be understood, then Entrepreneurship isn’t the best route for you.» by Vusi Thembekwayo. Go and become a pastor or something else. ✔️ I’m afraid to fail. In Entrepreneurship failure is not an option, it is like a fuel on fire, Critique is a motivating factor. The first mistake of an Entrepreneurs is to think you c...